Valtteri Bottas joins Lewis Hamilton at Williams Mercedes in 2017 season


Bottas to Mercedes, Massa to re-join Williams for 2017 season

Valtteri Bottas has been confirmed as Lewis Hamilton's 2017 Mercedes team-mate with the Finn joining the world champions from Williams Mercedes in 2017 after Williams agreed to release the 27-year-old Finn from his contract.
Bottas’ place at Williams will be taken by Felipe Massa, who is to come out of retirement to re-join the team on a one-year deal.


“I can’t wait to get working properly.
“My goal is immediately at the first race to get all the points that are available. I guarantee I will be giving it all.
“I want to thanks Toto [Wolff, Mercedes-Benz head of motorsport] and everyone at the Mercedes and Daimler boards for this opportunity.
"So I’m really proud to be part of this and proud of what you’ve achieved in the last few years but also in the whole history of Formula 1. It’s mega to be driving a Silver Arrow myself this year. said Valtteri Bottas.

The Brazilian Felipe Massa will race for Williams for a fourth consecutive season.
“Firstly, I am very happy to have an opportunity to return to Williams,” said the 35-year-old, Massa, who will partner teenage rookie Lance Stroll in the 2017 season.


The 2016 world champion Nico Rosberg's sudden retirement in December created the shock vacancy alongside Lewis Hamilton.
Previous Post Next Post